Loan Management Made Simple for QuickBooks®
Tutorials for LoanAssistant
- 1. If you haven't done so already, install your version of QuickBooks®.
- 2. Download the LoanAssistant test installation package. Click Save in the File Download window. If the system indicates that this is an unknown source, click OK to continue download. The download might take a few minutes, depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
- 3. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- 4. Run the saved setup file. Attention Windows 7 users: Right-click on the saved file and select Run As Administratorr from the drop down menu.
Open LoanAssistant and Connect to the Book
- 1. In the Start/All Programs menu on your computer, find and select LoanAssistant.
- 2. After the software has loaded, enter password “admin” and press Enter.
- 3. In Select QB file window find the QuickBooks® file you created and click Open. You will automatically be switched to the QuickBooks® file.
- 4. Choose Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks® is not running and click Continue → Yes → Done.
- 5. You will be automatically switched to LoanAssistant. Select Set New Book Attributes window. We recommend keeping Default Accounts Name and Read Only options. Choose an appropriate option of using income Sub-Accounts (see onscreen instructions). You cannot reset the Sub-Accounts option after you connect to a book, please be sure to select an appropriate option before proceeding. Click OK.
- 6. At this point, you will have completed the LoanAssistant installation and connection to a QuickBooks® file.